Thursday, July 22, 2010

Top 40 Covers

I am a big fan of indie covers of top 40 songs. I like how they are able to strip down a heavily produced song and reinvent the music into something worth listening to and in some cases change the way you see the song. Lately, there's been a surge of these-- so, here are a few favorites.

Sia- Cooler Than Me (Mike Posner Cover)
Samuel- Find Your Love (Drake Cover)
Neon Trees- Baby (Justin Bieber Cover)

And some Kid Cudi covers:

Lissie- Pursuit of Happiness
Barbara- Pursuit of Happiness

This isn't a top 40 cover, but the most inventive cover on this list:

Blackbird Blackbird- Float On (Modest Mouse cover)

1 comment:

  1. As a music-lover myself, I'd like to contribute and recommend this for musicofmanny.com:

    David Guetta - "I gotta feeling" (The Black-Eyed Peas' Producer's own take on the song)

    -2227-

    ReplyDelete